The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 8 is alerting the traveling public that several road closures are taking place due to the current storm activity. Rockfall, flooding and mud flows are prevalent on all state routes. Various freeways are experiencing standing water causing difficult driving conditions for motorists. Please avoid travel during the storm event.
Below is a list of the current road closures:
- SR 18 from Snow Valley to Big Bear Dam
- SR 38 from Valley of the Falls to Seven Oaks Road
- SR 173 from SR 138 to Summit Valley Road
- SR 83 from SR 71 to Pine Avenue
- SR 2 remains closed from Big Pine to Islip Saddle
Motorists are reminded to use caution, slow for weather conditions and use headlights while driving. Motorists should anticipate delays and longer travel time. Stock vehicles with water, snacks, blankets, a charged cell phone, flashlight and a full tank of gas before going to mountain regions. Use Caltrans’ “Quick Map” for current road conditions and chain requirements at quickmap.dot.ca.gov.